Apart from the fact that you can set up “Earthlink Webmail Settings” on your smartphones [Android and iPhone] and PC [Windows and Mac] to access and send email using your Earthlink email, you also have the opportunity to create eight different emails for free with 100MB database size which implies that with the Earthlink email, you can have altogether 800MB capacity to store your data on the email service for free.
Earthlink Webmail provides both the SMTP and IMAP for both the “Ongoing” and “Incoming” server and port for configuring the Earthlink email to work on smartphones and computers without using the official Earthlink app for mobile or Earthlink website.
Therefore, in this article, we will not limit our discussion to how to create an Earthlink email address alone, we will also consider some Earthlink.net webmail crucial setup and help to recover Earthlink webmail login if forgotten.
The simple steps to follow to log in to your Earthlink Webmail login to manage your account and customers are shared below.
- Go to the Earthlink website on www.earthlink.net and enter your Earthlink username and password and select “Sign In.” Don’t forget to enter your Earthlink email username as “email@example.com.”
- Navigate to “Email Profile” and select “Add a new email Profile.”
- Follow the basic step to create your new Earthlink email account. Set a unique username and password for your account.
- To confirm account creation click on “Add Email Profile”
Your Earthlink email will be created. You can repeat the same process to create up to eight different email addresses under the single Earthlink email address with spam control and online virus protection.
Follow the steps below to recover your Earthlink email address password.
- Go to www.webmail.earthlink.net on a web browser.
- Select “Forgot Password” under the password column.
- A new window will open in a new tab. Enter your Earthlink email address or Earthlink ID, check “I’m not a robot” and select “Continue” to the bottom right.
- Verify your Earthlink email identity and tap on the button to continue.
- Change your Earthlink email address and select “Save” to reset your forgotten Earthlink email password.
The following are the Earthlink webmail settings to configure your Earthlink email on your iPhone.
- Go to your iPhone Settings.
- Scroll down and select “Accounts & Password.”
- Navigate to “Account” and select “Add Account.”
- Under “Add Account” Select “Other.“
- Under “Other” select “Add Mail Account.”
- Enter your Earthlink email address (firstname.lastname@example.org), password, display name, description, and select “Next.”
- Your iPhone will make an attempt to connect to the Earthlink server to establish the Earthlink Webmail on your iPhone automatically, however, if the establishment returns an error message you then need to proceed with the manual settings.
- To access the iPhone account Webmail manual setup tap on “POP” and enter the required information such as your Earthlink username, password, display name, etc.
- Scroll to the “Incoming Mail Server” and set your hostname to “pop.domainname.com.” Provide your Earthlink email and the corresponding password.
- In the “Ongoing Mail Server” set the hostname to smtpauth.earthlink.net and select “Save” to make changes.
These settings will automatically pull the right port for your settings. In case you receive an error message due to the SSL connection, uncheck the option and re-attempt to connect and see what follows.
Don’t Miss: Telstra Webmail Settings and Configuration
Below is the step to set up and configure Earthlink webmail on Android.
- Go to your Android phone settings
- Scroll down and select “Account” >> Add Account >>Email.
- Enter your “Earthlink email and corresponding password” and select “Sign In.” The Email app will tend to pull the Earthlink email profile from the Earthlink server. There is a possibility that the command will return an error message that will prompt you to resolve to use the manual settings to complete the Earthlink webmail settings.
- Select “IMAP”. Enter your Earthlink email address and password. Under server input “imap.earthlink.net“, port as 143, secure type SSL/TLS and select “Next.”
- Select “SMTP” for the “Outgoing Server.” Fill in the required information such as Earthlink email address, password, description, name; set “Server” to “smtp.earthlink.net”, the port will pull automatically, and hit the “Next” button.
- Verify the Earthlink Webmail server you provided and wait for the Earthlink email to be added to the list of email service added to your device.
Henceforth, you will receive all your Earthlink mail notifications on your Android phone just like Gmail email notification.
Here, we will discuss the Earthlink Webmail settings for Mac OS X 10.0 and 10.1.
- Launch your Mac search box and search for “Mail.”
- Select the “Mail” and select “Preferences” from the “Mail Menu.”
- Navigate to “Account >> Create Account.”
- Select “POP” in the “Account Type.”
- Fill in the Earthlink web mail description including your Earthlink email address, full name, etc.
- Go to “Hostname” and type “pop.earthlink.net”, provide your Earthlink password, email: email@example.com. This setting is for the incoming server.
- In the “Outgoing Server” enter “smtpauth.eartlink.net, enter your Earthlink email as your SMTP user.
- Select “OK” to save changes.
For all other Earthlink Webmail Settings and configuration and domain go to this page.
We recommend the Webmail settings for Windows 10 and other Windows versions users.
- Click on the “Windows 10″ settings gear icon by hovering to the Windows icon to the bottom left and select “Settings.”
- Select “Manage Account” >> Add Account >> Advanced Set up.
- Select “Internet Email”
- Input “Incoming email Serve” as “imap.earthlink.net”, account type as “SSL/TLS”, and “Outgoing email Server” as “smtpauth.earthlink.net.”
Save settings and check all the necessary information. Once this is done, the Earthlink Webmail Settings will connect to the Earthlink server and start retrieving the necessary email information.