Elmedia is a media player for macOS to play video, MP4, MP3, and others on MacOS with great output and a friendly user-interface. The Elmedia software for Mac supports all video and audio output on the Mac computer.
Upon the popularity of media player for Mac and Windows computer, the Elmedia is one of the few media players that can be used to stream all video and audio output to AirPlay, Chromecast and DLNA-enabled devices without an external codec.
If you have been looking for the best media player that works perfectly on macOS without the use of an external codec, here you will get to know our number one best MacOS media player.
In this review, we’ll enlighten you on the Elmedia media player for Mac and some of the features of the best media player to stream audio and video file to AirPlay, Chromecast and DLNA-enabled devices.
The Elmedia software has a free version and a premium version. With the free version, you’ll be granted unlimited access to watch videos in 4K (HD) and play audio such as MP3 using the media player on your Mac computer.
The media player for your macOS has varieties of features to enjoy smooth video streaming and settings to re-configure the media player to suit your desire while playing an MP4 on your computer as well as listening to MP3/audio.
However, you enjoy the Elmedia media player better with the Elmedia Pro media player with features to enjoy Ultra-HD video (8K), set the video on top of the screen so you can perform another task playing video on your Mac computer using the Elmedia media player.
Features of Elmedia Media Player for macOS
The features of this media player say much about the software. It stands on top of other existing media player in the past except for the support of the total number of audio output format the media player supports.
1. The Elmedia media player supports various video and audio format output including FLV, SWF, WMV, AVI, MOV, MP4, MP3, DAT, FLAC, M4V, MPG, MKV and Blu-ray.
2. The media player users accelerated decoding to provide amazing HD and Ultra-HD video format output to avoid slow video output.
3. The media player gives users absolute control over their video or audio via the settings
4. The media player can be used to stream media online on popular videos streaming platforms like YouTube, Vimeo, and DailyMotion without ads.
5. The media player Ultra-HD can be used to Stream up to 4K videos to 4K compatible devices like Chromecast Ultra, Apple TV 4K, Smart TV (Samsung, LG, Sony, Panasonic, etc.).
6. With the Elmedia streaming app for macOS you can play, pause, seek, stop the video, and adjust the volume directly in the app.
The features of the media player app are countless. The more time you spend using the app and playing with the media player settings the better understanding you have about the media player app.
Advanced features of the Media Players
Some of the advanced features include the following…
1. The media player allows users to choose the default quality and manage local security settings while playing SWF file which allows users to choose the type of information to send and receive from the internet.
2. The media player has what we called video tuner which allows users to control brightness, saturation, contrast, gamma, hue, noise reduction and sharpness of a currently playing video.
3. Take screenshots of every of your favourite moment while using the Elmedia media player on your Mac computer.
4. The media player also helps to correct the original video that is not in sync with its audio to decrease or increase the audio delay to correlate with the action on the movie set. With this feature, you won’t have to worry about actors or actresses reading the script.
Download Videos from the Web using Elmedia
The Elmedia is capable of doing the Airy YouTube video downloader as part of its features. Yes, with the Elmedia installed on your Mac computer you can download videos from the web.
The media player offers simple action to turn the media player app to your browser and search and download your favourite video.
Launch the Elmedia MacOS media player and turn to the app browser
Search for the video you want to save on your Mac computer and click on the download button.
Click on the video format before you click on the download button to make sure you save the right format for your video.
With the Elmedia player video download feature, you can also download YouTube video subtitle if available with the video you want to download and also save a whole video playlist on YouTube while downloading SWF files.