SnapSeed is a photo editor app to edit photos on Android and iOS smartphone to give your pictures professional editing. The SnapSeed photo editing app has over 29 editing tools which include cropping, brush, filter your photos, and so many other features.
There are many apps to editing photos on Android and iOS smartphone to clear background images or change it totally. However, in this SnapSeed review, we’ll explain in detail how to turn your photos on your Android and iOS devices to more amazing photos.
If you don’t have this photo editor app installed on your smartphone we’ll provide a link to download the app from the Google play store if you are using an Android phone and a download link to grab the app from the Apple apps store.
What is SnapSeed App?
SnapSeed is a Google photo editing app. The app was previously owned by Nik Software before the ownership was later transferred to Google based on an agreed deal.
The photo editing tool is mainly for Android and iOS users to edit photos on their smartphones for free. The app doesn’t have a desktop client for Windows and Mac.
However, a walkaround may see you using the photo editor app on Windows and Mac computer using your favourite emulator.
Download SnapSeed Photo Editor App
Let’s quickly consider how to download the photo editor app and install it on Android and iOS smartphones.
If you are an Android user and you’d love to download and install the Snap seed photo editor app follow the procedures below.
- Open the Google play store on your Android phone
- Type “SnapSeed” into the search box and click on the search button
- Tap on the “install” button
- The app will start installing and the app will be added to your list of apps.
Once you go through the procedures above to download and install the Google photo editor app, the app will be downloaded and installed on your phone.
iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod)
There are various ways to download apps on the iOS smartphone. Whichever way you choose to go through, all that is important is to download the photo editor app.
Therefore, here in this proceeding, we’ll download the Google photo editing app from the App store.
- Open the App Store on your iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod)
- Type the name of the photo editing app (SnapSeed)
- Click on “get” in front of the editing app
- Enter your passcode or Touch ID to confirm the installation
- The Google photo editing app for iOS will start downloading with a download indication with a small circle located at the right of the app store.
- Once the app has been installed successfully, the app will be added to your iOS home screen.
Google Photo Editor Features
If you are new to the photo editing tool, here are some of the features you can’t do without.
- 9 Tools and Filters, including Healing, Brush, Structure, HDR, and Perspective (see list below)
- Opens JPG and RAW files
- Save your personal looks and apply them to new photos later
- Selective filter brush
- All styles can be tweaked with fine, precise control
- RAW Develop – open and tweak RAW DNG files; save non-destructively or export as JPG
- Tune image – adjust exposure and colour automatically or manually with fine, precise control
- Details – magically bring out surface structures in images
- Crop – crop to standard sizes or freely
- Rotate – rotate by 90°, or straighten a skewed horizon
- Perspective – fix skewed lines and perfect the geometry of horizons or buildings
- White Balance – Adjust the colours so that the image looks more natural
- Brush – selectively retouch exposure, saturation, brightness or warmth
- Selective – the renowned “Control Point” technology: Position up to 8 points on the image and assign enhancements, the algorithm does the rest magically
- Healing – remove the uninvited neighbour from a group picture
- Vignette – add a soft darkness around the corners like a beautiful, wide-aperture would do
- Text – add both stylized or plain text
- Curves – have precise control over the brightness levels in your photos
- Expand – increase the size of your canvas and fill up the new space in smart ways with the content of your image
- Lens Blur – add a beautiful Bokeh to images (background softening), ideal for photographic portraits
- Glamour Glow – add a fine glow to images, great for fashion or portraits
- Tonal Contrast – boost details selectively in the shadows, mid-tones and highlights
- HDR Scape – bring a stunning look to your images by creating the effect of multiple exposures
- Drama – add a hint of doomsday to your images (6 styles)
- Grunge – an edgy look with strong styles and texture overlays
- Grainy Film – get modern film looks with realistic grain
- Vintage – the style of colour film photo from the ’50s, 60’s or 70’s
- Retrolux – go retro with light leaks, scratches, film styles
- Noir – Black and White’s film looks with realistic grain and the “wash” effect
- Black & White – classic Black and White look straight out of the darkroom
- Frames – add frames with adjustable size
- Double Exposure – blend two photos, choosing from blend modes that are inspired by shooting on film and by digital image processing
- Face Enhance – add focus to the eyes, add face-specific lighting, or smoothen skin
- Face Pose – correct the pose of portraits based on three-dimensional models
How to Use Google Photos Editor App
For every beginner, you need to focus on this section to grasp this tutorial so you can use the photo editing app as a professional. With this app, you don’t need PhotoShop app or software before you can professionally edit your photos on your Android phone and iOS smartphone.
1. Go your app menu and click on the Snapseed app icon. You will see the image below.
2. If you click on the 3-dots to the upper right you will see three options. The settings, tutorial, help & feedback. You will also see the help icon as well as the option to add a new photo. You can just tap anywhere on your phone screen to select a photo you’ve already taken from your phone gallery.
3. Select the photo you want to edit using the Snapseed Google photo editing and upload it to the app. Once the photo is uploaded, you will three choosing in the phone taskbar which are the “LOOKS, TOOLS, & EXPORT”.
4. Under the look option you have features like Portrait, Smooth, Pop, Accentuate, Faded Glow, Morning, Bright, Fine art, Structure, Push, and Silhouette. These are the features you can change the photo look to before or during editing.
5. When you click on the TOOLS you will see more than 29 active tools you can use. Some of the features include tune image, details, curves, white balance, crop, brush, perspective, expand, grunge, drama, lens blur, portrait, noir, and many more of which we have explained them above.
6. The export section is where you will see the share option, save a copy of your edited photo, export edited photo as JPEG, and even save a copy of the photo to as selected folder instead of your phone gallery using the Export feature.
7. To start editing, we’d use the mentioned feature above. We’ll limit it to one feature so that you can follow the same trend to edit your phone using the Snapseed.
8. Select the photo look and click on the accept button. Tap on the tools, click crop to cut out some part you didn’t want, to rotate, click on the rotate icon, you can also add HDR landscape and select whether you want to use nature or people or fine or strong, you can also drag your hand on the screen to change the brightness, saturation, and filter strength and then click on the mark icon to make changes.
9. Once you are done with the editing, tap on the Export option to save the edited copy. You can also share it with your friends on WhatsApp, Facebook, Email, Messenger, as a direct message, Bluetooth, etc.