The way YouTube is designed you cannot play YouTube video on Android phone when the screen is locked as a background music or video. Not even on YouTube app or on Google Chrome. The moment your Android screen light is off, the streaming YouTube video will automatically stop playing as a background music.
However, Google detests users leaving YouTube while watching a video to another tab on your Android phone. Meanwhile, you can watch YouTube video and play it as a background music on your computer but the privilege is not given to Android phone.
While there are few third-party apps that are designed to perform so YouTube magic like grab YouTube video and download it. But there is a limited app to play YouTube video on an Android phone background without using a browser.
The best and recommended way of doing this is visit YouTube and play the video you want to stream without leaving the page. However, there has been a trick that doesn’t require a first degree to achieve to play YouTube video on Android phones when the screen light is off, and in fact to play YouTube video on Android background.
The technique is just like lettings YouTube keep playing when the screen is off. What you will achieve reading this post is that after your Android screen light is off without a background light you will still be able to play YouTube video as a background music and listen to it on your whether you are on the video page or not.
How to Play YouTube Video When Android Screen is Locked
There are two ways to play YouTube video as a background music on Android phone. All though this cannot be achieved with YouTube Android app and Google Chrome. Neither can you achieve this using Opera mini as well but here is the trick…. Follow this guide to learn how to keep playing YouTube video while your Android phone screen is locked.
1. Open Google Play store Android app and search for “Mozilla Firefox” for Android phone and install it on your Android phone. Do not download the Beta version.
2. Launch Mozilla Firefox browser and visit YouTube videos search engine
3. Click on the 3 dots to the upper right and click request desktop site just above settings on the drop menu.
4. Click the YouTube video to start playing and leave it until your phone screen is locked. The YouTube video will still be playing as a background music after the screen is locked.
How to Play YouTube Video on Android Background
The way YouTube is designed you are only allowed to watch and upload videos on the website. You are not even allowed to download YouTube video officially, however with the help of some third-party apps you can download YouTube videos and some standalone websites. However, the way some APK apps are available to download YouTube videos there is also some available APK app to play YouTube video as a background music and some Android apps are as well available in Google play store to play YouTube videos on Android when the backlight is off. This second technique is only made available for an Android phone with a root access. So, you need to root your phone to enjoy this.
Following the procedure below you will be able to play YouTube video when you phone background light is off and use it as a background music.
1. Download and install MX Player from Google Play Store to your Android phone
2. Go to YouTube website and play the video using MX Player rather than using YouTube built-in video player.
3. On MX Player, click the menu button and click the ellipsis [3-dots] and select play from the options
4. On the page, tick the option that says “Background Play”
5. Press your Android home button and the YouTube video will be playing on your phone background with a locked screen.
There is no other exceptional way to play YouTube videos when Android screen is locked or play YouTube video as a background music, however, with this technique you goal should be achieved.