This is my own review of Scottrade. Before you create Scottrade login to start trading on the platform. You may want to read this Scottrade review. If you have created your Scottrade login, just hold on a bit and don’t start to trade yet. You should only trade when you know how Scottrade works.
The only thing you need to get started with Scottrade is more than just the login. You can create tons of login and loss during the process of trading. However, in other not to ruin Scottrade reputation and waste your investment, I’d advise you take your time to read this Scottrade review.
TD Ameritrade acquired Scottrade in Sept. 2017 for quality service delivery. Scottrade now owns and controlled by TD Ameritrade. Scottrade still exists, the service, the trading, the investment, and other Scottrade are on point. The only that change is that Scottrade is now part of TD Ameritrade.
I’m happy to tell you that Scottrade has moved from www.scottrade.com to www.tdameritrade.com for a better service. That is the number one point to know. All Scottrade logins are valid on TDameritrade. If you have an account on Scottrade you will automatically become TD Ameritrade member.
Table of Contents
What is Scottrade / TD Ameritrade?
Scottrade is one of the aged films in Scottsdale, Arizona. It was founded in 1980, almost 3 decades ago. It has various branches with head office in Saint Louis, Missouri, United States. Scottrade helps amateurs and professional in trading mutual funds, stock, bond, exchange-traded funds, international investment, and IRAs.
No extra charges to account maintainers of an account holder. Once you created Scottrade login and you understand how to operate the platform there are no additional charges to maintain your account.
Features of Scottrade Platform
The only trading platform has some unique features which include the following
1. Scottrade streaming quotes: This is a powerful tool to monitor and make a quick move when there is a change in trading. You must always keep your Scottrade login active to use this tool.
2. Scottrade pro: You probably want to use Scottrade pro for so many reasons. There is where you learn more about the trade option which includes advanced analytics, and risk management to boost the possible return on trading.
3. Scottrade mobile: This is unlike other trading platforms where you need your PC to access your account dashboard. Scottrade mobile offers users flexibilities to follow-up their trading on mobile and has access to all necessary tools.
4. Scottrade client website: This is a tool for all account maintainers to follow-up all account under their control in a single dashboard. Instead of open different users account in a different tab or browser, the Scottrade client website brings ease to use the platform for effective trading and management.
Type of Scottrade Accounts
Before Scottrade becomes TD Ameritrade property, the trading platform has two different accounts depending on the account operator.
1. Individual Retirement Account
If you are preparing for your retirement Scottrade it’s best to use the individual retirement account for this purpose.
2. Education savings account
Scottrade education savings account acts like a buying share for the future where you save for a specific purpose. If you are planning to save for your kids or save to sponsor their education in the future, the Scottrade education saving account is what you need.
Require to Open TD Ameritrade Account
TD Ameritrade account is not like the Facebook account you can just open anyhow. This platform deals with people’s savings and future. However, before you can create a TD Ameritrade account you must have the following requirement.
- Social security number or individual taxpayer ID
- Your employer’s name, address and phone number (if applicable)
- Your beneficiary social security number
- Date of birth
How to Create Scottrade Login
Don’t forget Scottrade is now TD Ameritrade for trading both online and for retails to help keep the mutual save in buying and selling mutual funds. In saving for retirement or saving for educational purpose in the future. However, to create TD Ameritrade login follow these procedures.
- Open your browser and visit www.tdameritrade.com
- Click on the icon “open a new account” under interest to open an account
- Fill your exact information in the form which includes your first name, last name, email address, create a password, re-enter password (8-32 characters, at least one uppercase letter and one lowercase letter, at least one digit also) click on the continue icon
- Choose your preferred account either individual retirement account or education savings account.
- Click on the continue button
- Enter your trading experience and click continue
- Choose the preferred branch
- Enter your employment information
- Enter your personal information such as date of birth and social security number
- Accept the terms
- Create your password and open your account
Now, after you have filled and submitted the form, TD Ameritrade representative will put a call across to you to confirm the information you enter to approve your account. Before you can log in your Scottrade account on TD Ameritrade you need to be approved.
How to Login Scottrade on TD Ameritrade
If you have your old Scottrade login you can use it on TD Ameritrade since the account move from Scottrade to TD Ameritrade is completed.
- Log in to your account
- Enter your legacy Scottrade account number in the UserID field
- Enter your legacy Scottrade password
- Explore your new investing site.
A new welcome message will appear alongside a tour to learn about the new features you are about to enjoy on TD Ameritrade.
Always keep your Scottrade login save for future purpose and make sure you change your Scottrade now TD Ameritrade password once in 3 months for security reason.