MBNA credit cards are known mostly for their good terms and excellent customer service. They also have very good default rates when your offer period expires. They have different cards that suit everyone’s needs. However, it is very easy to cancel MBNA credit card account when you are no longer in need of the card and we will walk you through the entire process below.
Table of Contents
How MBNA cards work
MBNA have cards for everyone that suits almost every occasion. However, the terms of each card will vary depending on your personal circumstances and most importantly, your credit card rating.
Generally, MBNA has excellent headline offers on all of their cards but it is necessary to think about it carefully before you decide on the one to choose. See some of the options below.
0% balance transfers
These balance credit cards are used to consolidate your other debts. MBNA will offer you a longer period of 0% interest, usually up to 29 months on debts you move to their credit cards which comes with a one-off fee in the region of 1% to 3%. At the end of the 0% period, there will be a representative APR of 20.9%. Note that the shorter your interest fee period, the lower the transfer fee.
0% money transfers
These cards are designed to allow you to transfer huge sums between your credit cards and your other bank accounts. The terms of these cards vary but you will get an interest-free period which will last up to a year. The transfer fees will range between 3% and 4% with the representative APR is 22.9%.
0% purchase cards
This type of card will allow you to make large purchases with no interest for up to 26 months. After this period, you will get a representative APR of 20.9%.
All-round credit cards
These credit cards come with a wide range of features that allow you to make low interest or even interest-free purchases. You can also balance transfers for respectable periods.
- How to Cancel Acorn TV Subscription
- How to Cancel Hellofresh
- How to Cancel an Upload on Instagram
- How to Cancel LinkedIn Premium
- How to Cancel Your Microsoft Office 365 Subscription
- How to Cancel Showtime Subscription
- How to cancel HBO in less than a minute
- How to Cancel TalkTalk Broadband
- How to Cancel Anytime Gym Fitness Membership
- How to Cancel Envy Massage Membership
- How to Cancel Planet Fitness Membership
- How to Cancel Acorn TV on Roku
- How to Cancel Dazn Subscription
- How to Cancel Audible Membership Account
- How to cancel Amazon Music Subscriptions
- How to Cancel People’s Postcode Lottery
- How to Cancel Denplan Membership And Pause Your Subscriptions
- How To Cancel Nuffield Health Membership And Freeze Subscriptions
- How To Cancel Beer52 Subscription & Postpone Deliveries
- How To Cancel Vimeo Subscription and Account
- How To Cancel The National Lottery Account Or Purchased Tickets Easily
- How To Cancel ProBiller Subscription: A Quick Guide
- How To Cancel NOW TV Subscription [A Step-By-Step Guide]
- How To Cancel Tesco Mobile Contract: A Quick Guide
- How To Cancel BT Sport Subscription: A Quick Guide
- How To Cancel SimplyCook Subscription and Postpone Deliveries
- How To Cancel Amazon Order
- How To Cancel MBNA Credit Card Account
- How To Cancel ESPN Plus Subscription [A Quick Guide]
MBNA credit card features
A major selling point of the MBNA cards is their impressive headline offers as well as the length of their 0% interest periods. Some other useful benefits include:
The company has fraud monitoring services and its cards also deploy Visa Secure and MasterCard Identity Check. If there are any confirmed fraudulent transactions, you won’t be liable for that.
Online and mobile banking
Their application will allow you to log in with a fingerprint or Face ID where you can manage your account. You can also pay off balances and freeze them anytime and anywhere.
The company is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and credit cards are protected by the Consumer Credit Act. This means on purchases between £100 and £30,000, you are liable to a full refund if anything goes wrong.
Change Credit Card Limit
You can simply request a credit card limit increase when using the MBNA app, Online Card Services, or by giving them a call. You will need to present not less than 6 months of payment history on your account before you can get a credit limit increase. You can also decrease the limit any day and anytime you want after your account has been activated.
Note that MBNA might not offer you a credit limit increase if they are in any way worried about how you will repay the amount. Also, you need to decide if increasing your credit limit is the right decision for you and also consider the risk involved in taking too much debt.
How To Cancel MBNA Credit Card Account Easily
It is very easy to cancel MBNA credit card account. Canceling your account can be done in two ways. You could either call them or write them a letter. We will show you how to do both.
If you will prefer to speak to a representative over the phone, simply dial 03456 062 062 (or +44 1244 659 005 tel:+44 1244 659 005 for those outside the UK). Their lines are available between the hours of 7 am-11 pm every day. Standard network charges also apply.
On the other hand, you can write to:
Credit Card Operations
Note that if you close the account which you use to receive statements, you will no longer have access to your statements once the account has been canceled successfully. It is advisable that you print all your records before you proceed to cancel your account. Also, if you still have an outstanding balance, fees, or interest to pay, your account will still remain active until the balance is cleared.
You should also read on how to cancel Experian subscription here.
No doubt, NBNA offers great credit card services that come with a lot of awesome benefits but it is okay to cancel your account if you don’t have any fees left to pay. Now you can cancel NBNA credit card account easily. You can also change your credit limits at any time and any day you want. If you have any challenges following our guide above, let us know in the comments section below.