National Lottery is a top UK based lottery system that allows its users to select a number of their choice and compete in a draw using that number. The service also gives users the option to either create or edit your account information at will, play lotto games by selecting a number of your choice, purchase a lottery ticket online and check the results related to the lottery. If you are fed up with their service, you can go ahead to cancel your account. Stick around with us, and we will show you how to cancel The National Lottery account and deactivate your account with ease.
Table of Contents
How to Cancel/Deactivate The National Lottery Account
One of the primary reasons why many people opt to cancel or deactivate their National lottery account is because of the email spamming. If you fall in this category or you want to delete your account form any other reason, just follow the instructions below.
Cancel The National Lottery Account
You can cancel the national lottery account via email or by chatting with their customer service agent. You can also cancel the National lottery account from your Account section of their website or by speaking with a representative directly over the phone.
You can easily cancel your National Lottery account by sending an email to the company and requesting that they delete your account from their database. To do this, follow the steps explained below.
- Open the exact email address that is registered with the National Lottery website or application.
- Compose a mail and enter their customer support email address, email@example.com as the recipient.
- Make sure that the subject reads ‘Request to Delete my Account.’
- In the body of the mail, request that they delete your account from their database and that they should wipe out all of your information with them and send the mail.
How to Cancel Nation Lotter using Chat with a Service Agent
- Go to the support section of the National Lottery official website.
- Click on the Chat icon.
- You will be connected to one of their representative who you can inform via the chatbox that you will like to delete your account.
- Cancel from your Account
- Start by logging into your National Lottery account here.
- Then go to the Account section. You will find this at the top right corner of your screen.
- Select the ‘Manage my account’ icon.
- Then go to your ‘Debit card details’ section.
- Select the ‘Edit’ button, which you will see right next to your card details.
- Then navigate to the bottom of the page to click on Cancel.
Via Phone Call
To cancel your account over the phone, just dial the National Lottery customer support team on 03332344433 and request that they help you cancel your account. You will also need to provide them with all the necessary information on your account to enable them to locate it easily.
How to Cancel The National Lottery Ticket after Purchase
Luckily, The National Lottery allows you to cancel a purchased ticket in case you change your mind about using it. However, you need to ensure that this is done within 15 minutes of purchasing the ticket. You are eligible for a full refund after cancellation if you return the ticket to where you purchased it from within that period.
You should also note that the latest design of the National Lottery ticket comes with a void box for the retailer to be able to fill in on a void ticket that has been returned in time for a refund. If you don’t return this ticket before 15 minutes of purchase, you will not be able to cancel the ticket even if it is a multi-draw ticket.
What happens if your National Lottery Ticket gets stolen?
If this happens, it is important that you quickly contact Camelot here and give them all your details which includes where you bought the ticket from. Note that it is really important to write down your name and address at the back of your ticket immediately after purchasing it.
Doing this will help you safeguard your ticket such that no one else will be able to claim any big prize the ticket wins in case it gets stolen. If your ticket does not have the name and address on it, it will be very difficult to prove that you own the ticket if it is stolen.
You should also read on how to easily cancel your MBNA credit card account here.
Now, you can easily cancel The National Lottery anytime you, please. You can also cancel a purchased ticket and get a full refund provided you do so within 15 minutes of buying the ticket. To help safeguard a ticket from getting stolen, ensure that you write your name and address at the back of your ticket immediately after purchase. In case you have any challenge following our guide above, let us know in the comments section below.