It is very easy to cancel Experian subscription and we would walk you through the process. Experian is a top credit bureau that offers services that improve one’s credit score. They also help to manage your credit score. However, to be able to enjoy this service, you would need to pay a subscription fee.
Experian offers various types of subscriptions like the Credit Tracker, ProtectMyID, as well as their 3-Bureau Credit Report subscriptions. To cancel your subscription, all you need to do is call them directly and request that your account should be canceled. We would show you how to go about this and what to expect.
Table of Contents
How to Cancel Experian Subscription
There are known three ways to cancel your Experian subscriptions. These are;
- On the phone
- Via Email conversation, and
- Contacting Experian customer service.
Contacting Experian Over the Phone
The first step is to dial the Experian customer service number. However, ensure that your account information is handy. To cancel the Experian CreditWorks, Experian Credit Tracker, or Triple Advantage, dial 1 (479) 343-6239. For cancelling ProtectMyID, call 1 (866) 960-6943. Finally, call 1 (877) 284-7942 to cancel CreditCheck Total.
After dialing the appropriate phone number, just navigate through the automated menu and follow the prompts. Select the option that lets you speak with their customer service representative directly.
Once connected to a representative, let him/her know that you would like to cancel your Experian subscription. Then provide all the required information that will help the representative find your account.
You should verify the terms and conditions associated with cancellation. Note that anytime you cancel your Experian subscription, you will not get a refund for your current month’s paid membership fee.
Sending Experian a Mail
Although this is a longer approach, you can also opt to cancel your Experian account via email. One of its advantages is that the conversation would be in written form. This would prevent misunderstanding between you and their representative.
If you would like to cancel your Experian Credit Tracker, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. To cancel the Experian’s ProtectMyID service, direct your mail to support@ProtectMyID.com instead.
Dealing with the Experian Customer Service
You need to be firm but also polite. Basically what you need to do is inform them that you want to cancel your account, provide the necessary information, and try as much as possible to avoid getting tempted into switching to a different account.
Try to keep the conversation brief. Although, the representative can keep you on the phone longer than necessary trying to convince you to stay back. They would also ask why you want to cancel their service, you should explain your reason to them.
Once you have been informed that your account has been canceled, then you should ask the representative for information like their name, the date the cancellation would be effected as well as a confirmation number. The information would be useful if you get charged after you have canceled your subscription. You can also request that the information should be sent to you via email.
How to know if you need an Experian account
- First, you need to know the value of your credit score. Usually, your credit score also called the FICO score is a 3 digit number between 300 and 850. This represents your success in the way you borrow and repay the money. Your credit score value is particularly important when you want to apply for a loan or purchase a car or house. Your credit score is affected by factors like your credit card payments, the number of credit cards you use, how long you have been accruing credits, loan payments, and so on.
- You should have a good understanding of Experian’s services. Many people are not aware that after the thirty-day trial, you would be automatically charged for their service. Make sure you read the small print. You should be sure that what they are offering is what you need.
- You would need to monitor the timeframe of your Experian account. First-time users get a reduced fee for the first thirty days after which they would be automatically charged the normal fee between $19.95 and $29.95 a month. To avoid getting charged this amount, you would need to cancel your subscription before the end of the first month.
- Even if you choose to cancel your Experian account, you will still need to monitor your credit score from time to time. Although there a lot of other companies you can try out their services, you can also monitor it yourself. You can also access a copy of your credit score from the Annual Credit Report website for free.
You should also read on how to cancel your Dish Network subscription here.
Although Experian’s services are very helpful for your credit score, you are free to cancel it anytime you like. With our guide, you would be more prepared for the entire cancellation process and this will make it hassle-free for you.